Google Map like navigation

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Hi to all,

Let me first congratulate radioman for this great component. I had to customize it a little, but it was really easy and the result is awesome.

I also have a question and this might be helpful to many: is there a way to enable a Google Map like navigation (those buttons that allows you move the point on the map on the left, right , up or down, to zoom in/out) - is there in the code? (I didn't see it) or I have to implement on my own?

Thank you again for this great component.

Daniel

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM

hey dilyes! ;}

yeah, as you see there is no navigation buttons included. Anyway i'd never used it, do you really think they are useful somehow?

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Hi Radioman,

I can see that you are always there (I've read some of the posts from here and I've seen that you always replied very quickly). This is really good.

Yes, I think that those navigation buttons are quite good for the end user, so I'm thinking of implementing them. My main problem is that I don't know/understand how and how much to move the map when a user press a up/down/left or right button.

Do you have something for this behavior?

Regards,

Daniel

Apr 11, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I think that I've got an idea: I already have the center of the map - I just need to add some value on the long and lat and then inform the map that the center of the map is the new point.

DO you think I'm on the right track?

Thank you.

Daniel

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2010 at 8:10 PM

;} ..well you can check now the new version with Offset support madded on the fly ;}

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Thank you radioman, I saw your reply later in that night, but I was too tired to thank you.

I've done it in another way, but perhaps your way is a more professional one. I have to study it.

Thanks again.

Daniel

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM

sure, nothing special, but offsetting pixels you now get constant movement independent of zoom level.

p.s. gO http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/silverlight-4-launch/