How would i go at marker orientation?

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM
Edited Jul 11, 2010 at 10:06 AM
(why sometimes editing toolbar doesn't appear???) Hi Radioman. I'd really like to set orientation of the image of a marker someway. I defined my other marker, and could pass some other value to the creation instance (i can get gps ground track). But your marker definition is quite complicated and i can't understand where would i go to rotate the image. I tried something like [code] public class MyCustomMarker inherits GMapMarker private bearing as single public overrides sub new() ... end sub end class [/code] but the internal GMapMarker variables are hidden even if i inherit. So how should i do it?
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 12:04 PM

check what Bearing property does, and create your own marker

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM
It seems that the bearing property is defined only for the windowsform marker. I'm using WPF. There you implement it in your CircleVisual class. But i do not understand it :(
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM

learn, observe, practice makes perfect ;}

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:33 PM
Man it's 10 years i've been programming, just not in this ambient. Having God before yourself doesn't necessarily mean you're going to understand him ;)
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 1:37 PM

the only 'God' you'll find is in your self ;}

..anyway if you have a few markers you can simply use RenderTransform property on your visual, but if you gave hundreds of markers it will be slow, and thats why i've 'invented' CircleVisual ;}

Jul 11, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Do layers exist in WPF?
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

in wpf each visual/marker has ZIndex property

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:50 PM
Yeah i know, it was just for ordering purpose. Thanks