Control crashes when used with docking panels

Topics: WPF
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Hi,

I've build up a very simple WPF aplication using AvalonDock and GMapControl as main document. When move dockpanel to different possition (from left to top), GMapControl crashes at Core.cs #line 930, while(waitForTileLoad.WaitOne(TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5))) with save handle closed.

Same error can be reproduced when Odyssey Outlook Bar is used. With this docking GMapControl crashes immediately after start with same reason on same line.

Any idea? I would be very happy for any hint. Anyway I would like to thank you for this great control!

Regards,

Bop

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:19 AM

so it's in designer mode?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:26 AM

no, in designer mode is everything ok.

Maybe wrote bad description. The problem is not in VS studio. I'm writing map application, where docking panes are used. I tried AvalonDock and Odyssey Outlook Bar within my application. And this error happens when my application runs.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:31 AM

hm, i see, and whats the stack trace?

Aug 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I'm sorry, I don't have project here now. I can send stack trace tonight.

Or if you download AvalonDock sample project file, just add GMapControl into <ad:DocumentContent Title="MyDocument!"></ad:DocumentContent>, do the basic initialization, run app and try to dock any side panel to top -> you'll get it.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 9:57 AM

roger

Aug 24, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I'm sorry, what does this means? :-)

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 2:48 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Roger%20that

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM

yes,but I still don't know whether you understand that I don't have project here, so I can't send stack trace, or whether you reproduced steps how to get error yourself.

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM

yes i do, i'l fix it as soon as i can

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:36 PM

now it's clear. Thank you very much!

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM

there are many request, whew, i can't promise fast solution ;}

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2010 at 7:12 AM

works just perfect for me, using AvalonDock 1.3.3571 & changeset 5b688b20c7f7

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 6:47 AM

p.s. check the Demo.Docking in testing projects

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM

i have the same problem of bop and i was waiting for your reply on this issue. I've tried to check if avalondock works using the same lib versions you said but the issue remains. I've tried using a dockable content and docking it at the top or at bottom part of the window (docking at left or right works fine) the result is shown in the link below....and it doesn't look good.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2802/immaginecx.png

but i think it's an avalondock issue e not a gmap issue, unfortunately the avalondock's creator won't reply on the forum or at pm's......

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM

hm.. did you checked Demo.Docking? Is it working?

Sep 23, 2010 at 2:16 PM

yes i've checked and it seems working but i didn't see anything wrong about the code i wrote (because it's almost a copy of what is done in the demo :P )

they way it works it's a bit strange because if you dock at the top (or bottom) a dockable content it does what you've seen in the image, but if you dock at top a dockable content when there's another dockable content docked on the right or left it works fine; so i think the avalondock it work fine when there're other avalondock's objects but it won't work fine with non avalondock's objects

i'll put my code maybe i did some stupid error :P

in the mainwindow.xaml (just below </Window.Resources>

<ad:DockingManager x:Name="DockManager" Grid.Row="1"  Loaded="DockManager_Loaded"
                     ActiveContent="{Binding ElementName=Content1}" DocumentClosing="DockManager_DocumentClosing" VerticalAlignment="Stretch">
        <ad:ResizingPanel Name="plugin_panel">

in the mainwindow.xmal.cs (in the constructor)

DockableContent options = new DockableContent();
            options.Content = viewerOptions;  //vieweroptions is a usercontrol

options.Title = "Opzioni";
            options.Show(DockManager, AnchorStyle.Right);
            options.FloatingWindowSize = new System.Windows.Size(viewerOptions.Width, viewerOptions.Height);
            options.IsCloseable = false;
            options.Activate();
            DockManager.ActiveContent = options;

this is all the code i wrote of avalondock

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2010 at 2:31 PM

i see, hm..

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I have the exact same problem.

I was using AvalonDock 1.3 and it was working fine, tried to upgrade to 2.0 and now every time I drag a docking window out the whole screen freeze (even others applications) until I do alt+tab. I searched for hours the difference between the TestApp and mine until I noticed that if I don't use GMap everything works fine.

I guess I'll stay with 1.3 until someone find the culprit.