Optically clear path

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM

Hello,

I´m writing a small application where I can analyse the search pattern of my dog when we have been hunting. I found this project and use it as a map background onto which I plot my and my dogs tracks, thank you for making this open source!

I connect my point with a line to the corresponding dog point. If the dog is <100 meters away from me the line is blue if the dog is <200 meters away the line is green etc. This works fine.

My question is:

Is there some function that can check if the line between me and the dog is optically clear. If the dog is behind a hill I want to make the line dashed to indicate that he is out of sight.

I guess it is fairly easily achieved by iterating along the line and check that the elevation of the map is not above the line. But I´m asking here before starting to implement a home mede kludge.

/Johan

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM

sorry, hunting isn't supported here ;{

Sep 29, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I must have been unclear in phrasing my question, the question is not about hunting.

My question is if there is code that can be used to check if a straight line between two points is optically clear.

/Johan

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 1:02 PM

;

Sep 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM

I dont get it but thanks anyway