project on gmap(want to place a marker on the map along witht some other details in a windows based application)

Topics: Feature Requests, General, Windows Forms
Nov 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hi,

This is project details

.Creating  own WebService (using Visual Studio C#.NET) that accepts the Name of a Scottish mountain as input and returns the Location, Height and Weather information for that mountain.

Create a Windows Application (using Visual Studio C#.NET) that relies on the WebService -and displays the Mountains on a map of Scotland along with information about height and weather.

i have an xml file that has all the information about all mountains but i have  the location details in Grid reference (NGR) and not latitude and longitude.

so i have to convert the  grid references to Latitude and Longitude and display the marker at that location on the screen(on windows application)

can some one please suggest me which map application(GMAP dll) to use and how can i convert the grid references to Latitude and Longitude and pass it to the gmap dll)

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

ITS urgent so please replay ASAP

thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM

use GMap.NET\References\Etc\DotSpatial.Projections.dll for coordinate conversation -> http://dotspatial.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=UseKnownCoordinateSystems&referringTitle=DotSpatial.Projections