Gmap Routing between 2 points not working?

Topics: Windows Mobile
Jan 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Hello guys. I am sorry to post this newbish question here, but i'm doing a litle project for my university..

I need to draw the routes between the points (lat + lng) that i read from a .txt file.

Well, everything works great till the moment i try to draw them... the MapRoute route = GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints(start, end, false, (int)map.Zoom); is returning a null value and i have no idea why.

I've searched alot already but i can't fix it.

Can you help me?

My visual studio 2008 + mobile 6.0 project: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14933526/Visualizador%20de%20Rotas.rar

Sorry, it is written at portuguese. If you try to run the app, click at "Verificar tarefas diarias", then click at "Ver rotas" and then click at ">".

Thank you in advance!

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM

this function is disabled in mobile, check the forks...

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2011 at 5:40 PM

oh noes :((

Isn't there a way to bypass this.. or create a similar effect?.. using google maps api.. or even gmaps,net somehow..

I can't believe.. :(

edit: getting the text would be cool if possible.. like "turn on left... etc etc"

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM

check the forks, it's fixed, and somewhere in the forums is code with directions...

Jan 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM

thank you alot radioman!

I'm gonna take a look. I have zero experience with the api n stuff, but thanks alot, now i can believe again :)

Can you tell me if it is possible to get the direction text by the way?

Gonna start digging now, thanks.

Jan 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Edited Jan 4, 2011 at 1:24 AM

https://hg01.codeplex.com/forks/tolamac/mobile/rev/d3d23ba66a18

thanks alot, it's working!

i just love this ;)

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM

great ;} sorry for leaving mobile stuff behind sometimes...

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM

You did alot already!

thanks alot for the great help! Cheers mate

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

ag0n,  what did you do to get thr routing to work? I took out the #if !PocketPC as suggested by radioman in another discussion but still returning null?

Thanks

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:32 PM

sorry forget that one, never looked in the link above. been on this solid for 3 weeks so brain fried. all good now!

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM

:) the link solves the problem.

Cheers

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM

It sure did, now for the directions and speech :-) Thanks for the fix