Bind other item positions to marker position

Topics: Help, Windows Forms
Feb 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM

I want to use an animated GIF on the map for a marker Image, but as far as I can tell, the marker image of this type doesn't work, only the current frame of the GIF at the time of rendering is displayed.

My work around has been to create a pictureBox holding the GIF, and plotting it over the map based on a PointLatLng conversion to local coordinates.  This works great, with one exception.  I am using the map as a user control.  Since the map is embedded in another application, its viewable size can change shape if the Parent application size is reduced or increased.  All of my markers adjust correctly, however, i cannot seem to find an event that fires to allow me to update the position of the pictureBox under this circumstance.  If I use the map_drag feature, it works fine, I am only having this issue with the map changes size due to the Parent's change in size.  Any ideas?  

I have tried map.Invalidate(), Paint, Move, RegionChanged, etc. events with no luck. 

Thanks, I love this control!!!!!!!!

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM

can you handle size changed event too?

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I think that's gonna work.  It seems to be firing in each scenario.  Thanks so much!!  The responses on this project are faster than with most paid map components :)

You rock!

Feb 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM

thanks ;}