GMapMarker Help

Topics: General
May 27, 2011 at 2:43 PM

I am trying to include the map application in a project I am working on. Although I will eventually implement my own marker, for testing purposes I tried to use a GMapMarkerGoogleRed/Green marker but it throws a TypeInitializationException when I use the same code shown in the Demo.WindowsForms

currentMarker = new GMapMarkerGoogleRed(MainMap.Position);

In the project I am using, if I simply add the DLL references i get a SimpletonCreator threw an exception and the tiles remain blue. If I include the Source Code then I get the exception.

For further testing, I removed the references in the Demo.WindowsForms and added the source code folders and once again I got the TypeInitializationException with the following error: 
"{"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure \"System.Windows.Forms.Properties.Resources.resources\" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly \"Demo.WindowsForms\" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed."}"

Any help would be appreciated!

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM

why do you reference Demo.WindowsForms? ;/, you need core dll and windowsforms dll only

May 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I am sorry. I referenced the two dlls yet is get that same error and I don't understand why. When I try to step into it (in debug mode) it doesn't step into and throws the exception right away.

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM

why demos has no such error?

May 27, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I don't know why it was doing that. I created a new project and added my files and referenced the dll's and it worked when I compiled it so I don't know why it was doing that. 

I also want to thank you for providing us as developers with such a great tool and module! It is fabulous! Thanks for your hard work! 

Coordinator
May 27, 2011 at 6:24 PM

;} thanks