Routing dont working

Topics: General
Aug 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Hi everybody, i have a problem making work the routing in GMap. My piece of code (Windows Forms, VB 2010, GoogleMap Provider):

Dim r_start As PointLatLng
    Dim r_end As PointLatLng
    Dim Routes As GMapOverlay

routes = New GMapOverlay(Main.GMapControl, "routes")
    Main.GMapControl.Overlays.Add(routes)
    Main.GMapControl.RoutesEnabled = True

r_start = New PointLatLng(10.2475, -67.6067)
            r_end = New PointLatLng(10.2471, -67.5991)

Dim route As MapRoute = Singleton(Of GMaps).Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints(r_start, r_end, False, CInt(Main.GMapControl.Zoom))

If (Not route Is Nothing) Then
                Dim r As New GMapRoute(route.Points, route.Name)
                'r.Stroke.Color = Color.AliceBlue

Routes.Routes.Add(r)

Dim m1 As GMapMarker = New GMapMarkerGoogleRed(r_start)
                Dim m2 As GMapMarker = New GMapMarkerGoogleGreen(r_end)

Routes.Markers.Add(m1)
                Routes.Markers.Add(m2)

Main.GMapControl.ZoomAndCenterRoute(r)
                'Main.GMapControl.Invalidate()
            End If

I tried with the samples written in C# in the fork of Viktorbergman, the samples makes routes in europe, north america, but here in Venezuela, just in the middle of a mid-size city, doesnt work. Just no route. No errors, nothing. In my code im adding a pair of markers to show the start and end of the route. the markers are added sucessfully. Any idea? im using gmap core 1.5.5.5, sqlite 1.0.66.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 6:47 AM
Edited Aug 10, 2011 at 7:14 AM

try debug with the newest version

p.s. in some areas google routing doesn't work, i guess the same is with openstreet

Aug 10, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Hi Radioman. I installed your hot build of 2 july (based on changeset 5e208bb8a8da). Routing on both Windows Forms and Presentation dont work in Venezuela. Shows start/end markers, but nothing. I tried changing map type to Bing, OSM, Google... also i visited www.yournavigation.org, same thing, start/end placemarks, but no route. Im thinking that routes are not implemented in this subdeveloped country. Are this right? Dont exist routing data for this side of planet? or something are blocking this? exists another mechanism to implement routing? Meanwhile, im drawing lines between my lat/lng points to show something like a route. Greetings.