Using Open Street Maps .osm file with GMap.net

Topics: General
Oct 18, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hi,

I have downloaded India.osm file. It contains map data from Open Street Maps. I have with me a set of Latitude/Longitude points. Using this I want to Plot a Track, Pin head etc.. I am using Windows XP and my client application is a Windows Standalone application (without internet connection).

Can GMap.net be used to utilize .osm files (without internet connection). Are there any Software Development Kits like GMap.net for offline map data from Open Street Map.

Please advice.

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:25 AM

well, if you know how to parse osm files, you can do it, offline mode is guaranteed if you prefetch some area and copy/import cache to your client machine

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM

1) Pls let me know if any sample code / article related to Parse OSM files, Prefetch / Import cache is available.

2) Is there any other SDK other than GMap.net to plot routes using .osm file.

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:41 PM

parsing osm and GMap.NET has nothing to do with. If you have the points you can add them to the map, it doesn't care from where you get them.

p.s. prefetch is integrated in demos, after it's done, you can shrink the database and put it on some other computer, import/export is implemented in demos, there is source if you need exact functions...