Changes from v1.5.3.3

Topics: General
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Can anyone provide some documentation on incompatible changes in the current version (v1.6) compared to v1.5.3.3?  I'm trying to figure out what is going on and am not finding much help searching these forums or Google.  I have a WPF project that compiles fine using v1.5.3.3 but has all sorts of errors with v1.6 or the "hot build" from Jan 20th.

For example, here is an excerpt of build errors I get when I update to v1.6 from v1.5.3.3:

Error	2	The type or namespace name 'Point' does not exist in the namespace 'GMap.NET' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error	3	The type or namespace name 'Point' does not exist in the namespace 'GMap.NET' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error	4	'GMap.NET.CacheProviders.SQLitePureImageCache' is inaccessible due to its protection level
Error	5	'GMap.NET.CacheProviders.SQLitePureImageCache' is inaccessible due to its protection level
Error	6	The type 'GMap.NET.CacheProviders.SQLitePureImageCache' has no constructors defined
Error	7	'GMap.NET.CacheProviders.SQLitePureImageCache' does not contain a definition for 'CacheLocation' and no extension method 'CacheLocation' accepting a first argument of type 'GMap.NET.CacheProviders.SQLitePureImageCache' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	9	The type or namespace name 'SQLitePureImageCache' does not exist in the namespace 'GMap.NET.CacheProviders' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error	10	The type or namespace name 'SQLitePureImageCache' does not exist in the namespace 'GMap.NET.CacheProviders' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Error	11	'GMap.NET.GMaps' does not contain a definition for 'ImageCacheSecond' and no extension method 'ImageCacheSecond' accepting a first argument of type 'GMap.NET.GMaps' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	12	'Test.Map' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentPosition' and no extension method 'CurrentPosition' accepting a first argument of type 'Test.Map' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	13	'Test.Map' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentPosition' and no extension method 'CurrentPosition' accepting a first argument of type 'Test.Map' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	14	'Test.Map' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentPosition' and no extension method 'CurrentPosition' accepting a first argument of type 'Test.Map' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	15	'Test.Map' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentPosition' and no extension method 'CurrentPosition' accepting a first argument of type 'Test.Map' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	16	'GMap.NET.GMaps' does not contain a definition for 'GetDistance' and no extension method 'GetDistance' accepting a first argument of type 'GMap.NET.GMaps' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Error	17	The type arguments for method 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Any<TSource>(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TSource>)' cannot be inferred from the usage. Try specifying the type arguments explicitly.
Error	18	The type of one of the expressions in the orderby clause is incorrect.  Type inference failed in the call to 'OrderByDescending'.
Error	19	'Test.Map' does not contain a definition for 'CurrentPosition' and no extension method 'CurrentPosition' accepting a first argument of type 'Test.Map' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm still going to be experimenting and searching myself, but I figured it was worth asking in case anyone has some easy fixes or insight into these issues.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM

'CurrentPosition' -> Position

'GetDistance' is moved to map.MapProvider.Projection

'ImageCacheSecond' -> SecondaryCache

'CacheLocation' -> map.CacheLocation

Point -> GPoint

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Thanks!  That's very helpful.