Printing

Topics: WPF
Mar 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I'm trying to print the map (with markers overlaid) using the standard

PrintDialog printDlg = new PrintDialog();
            printDlg.PrintVisual(MainMap, "Map Printing.");

but it fails with the infamous "the calling thread cannot access this object because a different thread owns it." error. 

There was a brief discussion of this issue over a year ago (in the Windows Forms section, strangely), but no solution was forthcoming at that time. So has this been resolved, or can you please suggest a way to print the map in WPF?

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM

tried?

var img = map.ToImageSource();
PrintDialog printDlg = new PrintDialog();
printDlg.PrintVisual(img, "Map Printing.");

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Ah, just the job. Thanks :)

Nov 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hello Radioman

I'm also interested by printing map, but on my version of the dll 1.6.0.0 there is no ToImageSource() method but just ToImage()

Is it the same ?
Do I make a mistake somewhere ?

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:40 AM

it's the same

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hello Radioman

Now I see some issues  with map.ToImage()

- It is not really a ToImage() from backround map, but a ToImage from the viewPort, as a PrintScreen embedding everything Visible on the screen

- My Idea was to change zoom and Size to print a readeable map on a full A4 page centered on the visible map on the screen, but what I get is just a kind of PrintScreen of the viewport

- Is there any other way to Get the map displayed or even better get a map for defined Area in order to print or save the image ?

- Obviously I can dive into the code but do you provide some other way to get a map for Printing or Image saving purpose ?

Thank for your help

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

check windows forms demo, 'Get static' button

or http://greatmaps.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/a8a1508fe247#Testing%2fBigMapMaker%2fProgram.cs