A strange request

Topics: General
May 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hi, I'm working with a system that has since lost most of its developers and remains at a code-freeze (until further funding can be found). However, I need to insert some custom "maps" (replacing a building with its floor plans).

I've been given .jpg images and some .pdf's containing images (which I'll probably extract as .jpg anyways). I also know the lat/long of the building. The related folder is titled "TileDBv5". I do not know if this corresponds to the GMap's version or some other versioning.

How could I go about extracting certain prefetched/cached maps (so I can overlay the floor plans) and reinsert the image? I do not need to import "new" only "edited" images so all the database fields should remain the same. Is there a tool that would allow me to export cached images and update the images in a .gmdb?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM

never heard of such tool, you have to somehow edit each tile separately, which would be a pain

Anyway you solution is to add your building on top using overlay, check Demo.Clouds project