Cache entire map of a city or state

Topics: Windows Forms
Apr 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Hi,
This is a very cool app, kudos for the team that worked on this. I found the app very useful.
I am trying to cache an entire city or state to the street level zoom.
For example I tried to cache the entire city of Palm Springs, CA.
I selected the desired the area by clicking Alt + dragging the mouse. Then I zoomed to the street level and waited for all the tiles to be cached. There were like 450+ tiles.
After this I disabled the internet and opened in cache only mode, I can see the city fine at zoom 14-15 level, but as I zoom in the streets appear blur. Happened the same when I tried to cache the entire state of Nevada.
I also tried to export and import the city and state caches with the same result!!
Appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Steve
Apr 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
use integrated tile prefetcher, select area, click preftech in cache menu, wait, it's done
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Thank you, Now when I click prefetch it is looping through each zoom level to download all tiles, it didn't do that yesterday for some reason.
Where does the program store the downloaded tiles of the prefetched area? After it is done prefetching and all zoom levels can I click on export to save the file?
Also can I query for a street from the exported file?

Thank in advance
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
you can click 'open cache location' and just copy the files, import/export would work, but copy/paste is the fastest way
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Thank you, Can I query a street from the copied/exported cache file??
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:40 PM
nop, it's tile only cache
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Ahhh, bummer, very good product nevertheless. Keep up the good work.
If I click on the cached map can I get the co-ordinates?
Thank you
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
it doesn't matter it's cached or not, it's the same map, you can get the coordinates
p.s. all geocoding queries are cached too
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Thank you, that helps a lot
Apr 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM
How do you zoom to the cached area after importing or copying the db file??
Apr 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM
just zoom, the usual way
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I'm trying to do this, using prefetch of an area to use only cache. (Last hot build version, demo windows app)
All zoom tiles of a non visible area are prefetch (server mode, because in cache mode can't prefetch nothing). Then I change to cache only and try to go to the coordinates or moving with the mouse, no tiles are shown.

Any tip?

Great job.
Apr 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM
works just fine for me
Apr 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM
OK, more info... the only code I modified is on click event for prefetch an area that is not visible (not the actual selected nor visible area)
OpenStreetMaps for provider.

Set zoom to 15 in other planet area, set cache mode, clear cache, set server mode, prefetch the non visible area (dialog ok, x of x), set cache mode, set coordinate and press "go to" button.

thanks
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM
is you set mode to ServerOnly it wont work, you have to use ServerAndCache mode
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Hi.
It's really a great application!
I have a question. I can't find downloaded files after prefetching has been finished. Where are they located?
thanks in advance

P.S-> I've solved it now by clearing tiles in disk cache.
Aug 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM
p.s. in demo there is 'open cache location' button