Problem with rendering CloudMade tiles

Topics: Bugs, Help
May 17, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Edited May 17, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Hi radioman,

I'm using the latest beta (5/9/13) and I'm having trouble with the Cloudmade map source. I modified demo to use my API key instead of default.

With beta version, I have trouble with rendering tiles. Some tiles get stuck being blurry and too big for their size. See this image:

I highlighted some of the mis-rendered tiles with a black outline. What could be causing this issue?

Cloudmade works just fine with same API key in the V1.6 power release. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue.
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 6:22 AM
is it repeatable issue or it's just one time bug?
May 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
It is repeatable issue.

Plug in a working CloudMade API key and them drag the map around to cause new tiles to load. Some tiles will randomly load like shown above. I registered a testing API key for CloudMade. Feel free to use it:
// From CloudMadeMapProvider.cs
CloudMadeMapProvider()
      {
          Key = "40a1fe83563e46ee8ea6e030eabe6380"; // my demo key for CloudMade
         StyleID = 1; // grab your style here http://maps.cloudmade.com/?styleId=45363
      }
For the affected tiles, it seems like an image from the wrong zoom level is loaded instead, or the rendering process is stopped before it completes. Note how the roads in the affected tiles are much thicker than in neighboring tiles.
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
works perfect for me, no issues at all using even your custom style
May 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
OK, that's encouraging. Which version of GMap.NET are you using? May 9th 2013 "hot build" or a different version?
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
latest
May 17, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I just finished testing latest (May 14, 2013) build, trying both my custom style and the default one.

Unfortunately this release is still broken. Some tiles just fail to finish rendering. You might need to scroll around a couple times to trigger the error, but it happens quite often.