Tooltip on routes

Topics: Feature Requests, Windows Forms
Jun 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Hello radioman and everyone else.

I really love the GMap.NET control and almost every time I use it, I learn some new features of it (well, that is probably because of lack of documentation, but after all I managed to use it in my little project).

What I'm currently trying to work out, is how can I use a tooltip on a route - in an ideal world, it would be nice to have it in a way like it works with the markers.

So

route.tooltiptext="Hello world"
route.tooltipmode=MarkerTooltipMode.OnMouseOver

would be so nice to have! Or am I missing something maybe and it is already implemented? I could only find the IsHitTestVisible property, which makes the route clickable, but then I would probably need to write some sort of handler for that and a simple tooltip without clicking would be so much better...

Im using GMap.Net in Visual Studio 2012 in VB.Net
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2013 at 10:33 AM
try check OnRouteEnter/Leave events
Jun 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Do you know how I can attach to these events in VB.Net? I know you develop in C# - so you probably do not know...?!
Jun 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Hello again!

I found out how to access a handler of GMap in VB.net - but the route-handler does not seem to work yet. What I can do is, for example get the event of a marker click with:
Private Sub RouteTipHandler() Handles GMapControl1.OnMarkerClick
        MsgBox("Test") 
End Sub
but the OnRouteClick oder OnRouteEnter dont seem to get fired?!

I add the route and marker like this:
Dim r As New GMapRoute(route.Points, route.Name)
Dim m1 As GMapMarker = New GMapMarker_Custom(route_start, My.Resources.Marker_Start)
GMapControl1.Overlays(2).Routes.Add(r)
GMapControl1.Overlays(2).Markers.Add(m1)
Any ideas?
Jun 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I finally got it sorted out.

I needed to let the route react on events by setting it's IsHitTestVisible = True !
Then it reacts on all the mouse events...
Aug 25, 2014 at 11:41 AM
radioman wrote:
try check OnRouteEnter/Leave events
can't find this event in my gMapsControl... where is should search for it?
Sep 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
hello guys, someone has implemented the change? it would be interesting...