CurrentViewArea - Results ???

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Please check the CURRENTVIEWAREA  bottom, right  and the  WidthLng  and HeightLat   restuls,
the figures don't seem right, they have changed in the latest version 30781  from the previous version  30407 and
they don't seem correct now.

(Windows Forms)

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 7:16 PM
they are ir lat/lng coordinates, i'l recheck it
Jan 30, 2009 at 8:01 AM
I have 2 maps, one small, the other large.  on the small map i select an area , and then use the large map for moving through the small maps current view with ever increasing zoom levels, this should build up a cache of all the titles required to see the map in the small window at any zoom level for off-line viewing.

to test the co-ords, i am plotting the extents of the small map on a zoomed large map, so i am plotting place markers at

Small.CurrentViewArea.lat , small.CurrentViewArea.Lng
Small.CurrentViewArea.Bottom,  small.CurrentViewArea.Lng
Small.CurrentVewArea.Lat,  small.CurrentViewArea.Right
Small.CurrentViewArea.Bottom,  small.CurrentViewArea.Right

however these markers on the large map do not represent the extents of the small map view.

I did have this code working in your previous version 30424 (i think) but its not working in 30781.

ps.  We spoke about a similar excerise recently, did you implement a method to get all titles in current view, similar to what
i'm doing here ? if so , what is the syntax.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 8:19 AM
for caching use CurrentViewArea, and pass result to, ofcourse you can manualy set points, and pass it to these functions
  • GMaps.Instance.GetAreaTileList()
  • GMaps.Instance.TryPrecacheTiles();
..and i'm not sure about CurrentViewArea results, because i'm still in new version testing, need to redone markers and routing for both forms and wpf versions, ..and i'm thinking about new cache system which shall use one cache file instead of bilions files of images ;}
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM
i just a make simple test, and all results are correct http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6546/gmapareatestuw2.png

are you really sure it's not? if so can you make test program?
Jan 30, 2009 at 9:45 AM
well the marker in the top left is correct for me,  but when drawing markers at the other 3 extremes ,  top right, bottom left, bottom right.  thats when they don't match up,  using CurrentViewArea.Right and   .Bottom
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM
right is: left + widthLng, bottom: is lat - heightLat; it should mach. What exactly is not correct? ..and CurrentViewArea is map area, not markers boundaries 
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Edited Jan 30, 2009 at 10:46 AM
ok now, there was little bug in RectLatLng struct ;} thx
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM
still dosn't look right, ver 30816  dont' know how to upload my screen shot though

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 2:44 PM
keep in mind, that i make chankess only in Trunk folder, others are just temporaly old version