SetCurrentPositionByKeywords returning ExceptionInCode

Topics: Help
Sep 17, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Hi!

I coded an app which it was working for months ago.
Today I have the surprise GMaps returning me GeoCoderStatusCode.ExceptionInCode.
I am using OpenStreetMap provider, (well, I supposed), but if I see what TCPIP request GMap generate thought WireShark is something like that,

http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=+Col%C3%B3n+3,+Vigo,+Pontevedra&hl=en&output=kml&key=ABQIAAAAWaQgWiEBF3lW97ifKnAczhRAzBk5Igf8Z5n2W3hNnMT0j2TikxTLtVIGU7hCLLHMAuAMt-BO5UrEWA

Why GMAP is regerating a request to Google???? I debuged code and before "SetCurrentPositionByKeywords" the provider is setted to "OpenStreetMap"

I think "ExceptionInCode" means google has banned my ip due a lot of request from months ago, isn´t it?

Internal exception reported by GMap is
Error en el servidor remoto: (403) Prohibido.

Thanks in advance.

P.D. I am using Oct/17/2011 stable version.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM
maybe, but not necessarily
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Then, why GMap is doing this request to google?
I will try download GMap stable source code to debug with my app.

I debug the app.....

Why googleMap provider is hardcoded for getting point from keywords?
public GeoCoderStatusCode SetCurrentPositionByKeywords(string keys)
      {
         GeoCoderStatusCode status = GeoCoderStatusCode.Unknow;

GeocodingProvider gp = GMapProviders.GoogleMap as GeocodingProvider;
         if(gp != null)
         {
            var pt = gp.GetPoint(keys, out status);
            if(status == GeoCoderStatusCode.G_GEO_SUCCESS && pt.HasValue)
            {
               Position = pt.Value;
            }
         }

return status;
      }
Sep 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Same here. been using this great project for about a year, and suddenly last week, the SetCurrentPositionByKeywords stoped working. I was using GoogleMap as provider. Tried chainging to open or bing, and it also fails (with exceptionInCode {621}).
I also downloaded the demo winform project, and if you search by pressing enter in the goto textbox, it also fails with the same exception.
I don´t think google is banning a specific IP, cause I tried with differents ISP and they all fails (even with dinamyc IP i haven´t used for this project).
Please radioman SAVE US!!!!

Thanks
Pablo, from Argentina
Sep 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Never mind, I downloaded the a3237323f... build, replace the references and a couple of functions that changed (from the 1.6 build I was using), and it's working great. Keep up the excelent work radioman!!!
Sep 18, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I can´t deploy a beta version in production enviroment....
Sep 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Hi, i have the same problem, with SetCurrentPositionByKeywords and GmapProviders.Googlemap.GetPoint And, i download too the last build demo, and the 1.6, get the same error.
Some can resolve this??
I search the getpoint function in others gmapproviders and seems to be implemented only in google!!
PLease RadioMan, or somebody here can tell me how can i fix this!! im working in this a lot of time, and i cant resolve by myself :(
Thanks a lot!!
Great Job!
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM
what error?
Sep 26, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Well, I downloaded and compiled like pablomacri and works perfectly. rpolverini, GMapProviders interface is implemented for OpenStreetMaps too for example. So, I think you didn´t download lastest code version.
Sep 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I think the issue comes from the fact that you are downloading the latest "stable" version, that is 1.6, and you have to search for the hotbuilds.
Sep 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Yes sorry, RadioMan, rlorenb has reason, i didn´t download lastest code version!!
I donwload now 1.7 and work perfect in the Demo!! i'll try to put in my program now!!
Thanks rlorenb for your help and Radioman for your excelent Job!!
Oct 16, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Edited Oct 16, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Hi RadioMan, I'm very sorry for interpt you, I download the latest 1.7 version form NuGet, but it still tell me ExceptionInCode,Can you help me?Very Thanks!
Oct 16, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Thaks, I‘ve resolve this!