How to check if specific marker exists in overlay?

Topics: Windows Forms
Sep 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Hello all,

How can I check if a specific marker already exists in the overlay? Reason for this is if it exists, I will simply update the marker's position. If it doesn't exist, then I just create a new marker.
Sep 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
check the demo, i use dictionary for best performance
Sep 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Anyone else can help that doesn't involve the usual "check the demo" response? All I want to know is how to check if a specific marker is already in an overlay so that I can just update it's position instead of deleting it and creating it again.
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
anyone else that dare to look at the source?
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Radioman, why do you always have to be so condescending or a jerk? let's close the discussion forum and just put up a disclaimer for everyrone to look at the source for answers. I guess you just love being an asshole in these forums.
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:43 PM
usually jerks are the people who ask stupid questions.., and there are many ;} and most of them are lazy to check the demo source for basic techniques...

p.s. go to every thread in the forum(only 11723) and post better answers, you'll be my personal hero after few years if you'd make it ;D
Sep 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
You sir, are the prime definition of a douchebag.

Let me get this thread back on track since it was derailed by the god of programming...

Do we check for the marker via it's tag attribute?
Sep 21, 2013 at 7:01 PM
i use dictionary for best performance

it means, save marker in the dictionary, and use some attribute for search, integer id is the fastest way

p.s. try Arabic answer ;} وهو ما يعني، حفظ علامة في القاموس، واستخدام بعض سمة للبحث، صحيح رقم هو أسرع وسيلة
Sep 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Dictionary is indeed the best approach
Do you know what is a dictionary AviatorBimmer ?
Sep 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM
olibara wrote:
Dictionary is indeed the best approach
Do you know what is a dictionary AviatorBimmer ?
I have been doing some reading to learn how to implement a dictionary for what I need to do.