Cache Database Not Created

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:09 AM
Using the latest version 30974, 
the cache database is not being created and therefore only MODE = ServerOnly is the only way for me to get the maps.
I am now in africa with a ** very ** slow internet connection, and set the TIMEOUT to 100000, i can see maps
from OpenStreetMap   if i set the MODE = ServerOnly but i can't find where the cache database should be. The
CeocoderCache folder is created ok.  Tried deleting the GMap.Net folder in the user\application data  folder to
try and force it to be created.

Thanks,

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 3:28 PM
are you using source from Trunk? 

the maps are stored here: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Application Data\GMap.NET\TileDBv3\[LANGUAGE]\Data.gmdb

..old(last) release cant get satellite images from google, because they changed image format & version, use fresh code from Trunk instead
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2009 at 3:37 PM
..and if want that maps be cached set to ServerAndCache... and its better to prefetch and export maps when you outisde africa, then anywhere you can just import it.
Feb 4, 2009 at 3:51 PM
i am using the trunck code from the 30974 release, even when i set the MODE = ServerAndCache  the db file is not created. I tried
deleting the GMap.NET folder from the app data folder, and see that the GeocoderCache is created. the map type im using is
OpenStreetMap
Feb 4, 2009 at 3:56 PM
So unless i set the access type to SERVER ONLY i dont' get anything, except for the blank black map
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:37 PM
can't be, what OS? 

..and just  keep paatient if your connection is slow
Feb 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Your build is working fine, as expected. Ill use that release.
Thanks

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
oh, markers dont seem to be available.
When will you make them ready in this release ? i am in africa and want to demo a
gps vehicle tracking system ive wrote, but without markers there isn't much to demo !!!!  eeeeek

Thanks,

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM
..well it's question about abstraction of design, so i can't know exactly ;}