nmea interpreter (realtime position)

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Hi,
Thanks for this code, very nice project.

I'm using a realtime NMEA interpreter in my source (with GMap.Net). It works very fine, but I must challenge some difficults now. Maybe you can give me some recommandations to find the right way.

1 What's the best way to show my realtime-coordinates on the map?
 A. with latest position on the visible part of the map ( MainMap.GoToCurrentPosition(); = not so good)
 B. To show all the waypoints ass line ( on line and the currentpos is a vehicule.png )

Thanks for for your help
Greetings from Luxembourg
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM
...the best way to do this i think is to use your own custom marker/poliline system by using control as base class, that way you get all control of objects, and map is just a background. What vesion do you plan to use, windows forms or WPF?
Mar 6, 2009 at 6:36 PM
...hi

the problem with visible part is resolved:
i changed one line in my code:

MainMap.GoToCurrentPosition();
 MainMap.CurrentPosition = new PointLatLng(e.Position.Latitude, e.Position.Longitude);

Now its possible to read nmea-logfiles, and realtime stream from GPS. I only see the current position , or I can mark the full trace with your 'place marker'-technique.

Realtime - poliline:
I'm doing this project in WinForms. The challenge is to show a polyline from nmea-log (stream-reader), and/or to see a polyline from realtime GPS-stream.
Regards
marcwlux

projectprintscreen

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2009 at 9:00 PM
p.s. in newest version markers working again