OnEmptyTileError

Jun 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Hi,

In your sample, when you get an EmptyTileError your MainMap.CurrentPosition remains the same.  In my project, when I get that error, the CurrentPosition seems to default to 0,0.  How are you keeping it at the CurrentPosition??

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 5:42 PM

welll this event do not change CurrentPosition, check all places of its modifications

Jun 3, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Hi Radioman,

In my project I have a scrollbar, and in the zoomBar_Scroll event, I have this:

MainMap.Zoom = zoomBar.Value;

label3.Text = mapCentre.ToString() + " -- " + MainMap.CurrentPosition.ToString();  //to help debug what is going on

When I hit the zoomBar, it will increase the zoom by 1.  When I get the error, the Map.CurrentPosition value is Lat = 0, Long = 0, but previous to the error it is as expected.  Shouldn't this stay at whatever it was prior to the error happening??  I noticed in your sample that you have similar code in the OnEmptyTileError event.  The messageBox also shows Lat = 0, Long = 0, but your map stays at the current position.  How are you doing it?

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM

zooming do not change position, there must be some place where you reset it ;}

Jun 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Hi,

Well there is nothing in my code that is changing.  What I did discover though, is that by taking my project and running it on another PC, it works fine!!  Weird....I will blame this weird behaviour on Microsoft.  :-)

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2009 at 3:20 PM

any chance that it's 64bit os?

Jun 5, 2009 at 3:23 PM

No.  Both are 32.  The one it doesn't work in is XP running C# Express 2005.  The on it does work on is Vista running VS2005 Standard.

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2009 at 3:25 PM

strange o.O