Mobile Routes

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Is it possible to create a route with the mobile version of the class?  I was trying to use the GetRouteBetweenPoints function and it always throws a not implemented exception("Don't use in WindowsMobile").  There any other way to do it?

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM

it's possible, but with manual coordinates, because as you know GetRouteBetweenPoints doesn't yet working on mobile, it is simply commented code

Jan 22, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Sorry, but what do you mean by manual coordinates? I have the latitude and longitude for each point...is there another function I can access?

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Edited Jan 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM
List<PointLatLng> track = new List<PointLatLng>();

foreach(var points in session)
{
      track.Add(points.Position);
}

GMapRoute gr = new GMapRoute(track, "myTrack");
{
     gr.Color = Color.Blue;
}

GMapOverlay routes = new GMapOverlay(MainMap, "routes");
MainMap.Overlays.Add(routes);

routes.Routes.Add(gr);
Jan 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Ok thanks, this is great and allows me to get the points I need to create a route.  However, when I add route all I get is a straight blue line from the destination that goes no where near my starting point.  I can trace through the code and properties such as distance seem correct.  I can also draw the route with a marker for each point and the route shows up as expected.  Is there something wrong with the route overlay for mobile?  Can anyone else draw a route onto their mobile screen?

Jan 27, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Yes I can. I use it for showing tracks. Have you got the bugfix done in change set 45694?

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM

No, I hadn't gotten it. That was it! I love it when it is something simple!  Thanks!