SeverAndCache/Cache Issue - no images displayed

Feb 16, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Hi all,

Within my app, everytime I set the Access mode to Cache or ServerAndCache, I get no satellite maps and the error on every tile "We are sorry - but we dont have Imagery at this zoom level for this region".

However, if I set the Access Mode to SERVERONLY, then the images appear.

It doesnt matter what Satellite Maptype I select, I still get the error.

I have the latest code and using the compiled version from the "trunk" directories.

I have prefetched the area from the "demo" version, and I do have a 40MB file in the C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\GMap.NET\TileDBv3\en directory named Data.gmdb

I went through the demo code and could see anything to "initialise" the cache or similar.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM

are sure caching works at all, maybe you trying to use 32bit sqlite on x64 mashine?

Feb 17, 2010 at 9:03 AM

radioman.

Thanks for the reply, but it is definetly running on 32 bit (windows 7)

As I mentioned, under the demo, I told it to prefetch and it created the 40MB file.

Is there a way to test to see if it is caching?

Do I have to set something up in the App to perform caching?

Thanks,

Rob

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM

Ok, I have it working.

But, it might show an issue in GMap.net.

The area I tried to prefetched originally turned out to be only one tile, and I only did the top 2 zoom levels (16 and 17) of the Bing Satellite Type.

Although it prefetched it, nothing would show.

I tried an area of about 200*200 KM squared, and although it took ages to get the tiles at zoom levels 5-17, the app worked when set to ServerAndCache (and CacheOnly). Tiles loaded from cache when in the area prefetched (I presume because they loaded fast) and when I zoomed further, the tiles loaded from the server.

Robert

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM

so now is everything working ok? If not try run demos in debug mode, any errors are traced to output window

Feb 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Yes, everything is running OK now.

Thanks for you help and the great programs.

Rob