Freeform Polygon Drawing / Editing

May 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I am writing a windows application that allows users to place markers on a map and then draw a polygon around them to represent a “marketing area”.  I would like to do a couple of things with this once they are done:

1) Let the user draw the polygon freeform
2) Have the ability to save all data
3) Have the ability to mouseover the  polygon and be able to edit its boundaries (stretch) them. 

A sample of this using the google API can be found at: http://googlemapsapi.blogspot.com/2008/05/love-my-maps-use-its-line-and-shape.html
Scroll down to the middle of the screen and use the toolbar to draw a polygon.  Once it is drawn you can mouse over it and edit it.

Anybody done this or have any ideas? Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 6:30 PM

it's definitely some combination of markers and polygons like in demo

May 19, 2010 at 7:03 PM

OK, I will dig into that further.  I saw it mentioned somewhere in one of the posts that some marker delete logic was implemented in the demos, but did not see this.  Am I missing something?

Just wanted to say also thanks for all the hard work on this control.   It has got some great features, especially the non-involvment with the Google Javscript API.

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 7:15 PM

the power of c# ;} no scripting, rocks!  ...You can delete marker by pressing delete when it's active

Coordinator
May 19, 2010 at 7:41 PM

p.s. check latest changeset