Noob: compiling errors

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Hallo Radioman.

I found your project and i think it's wonderfull, but...
Too much lack of docs and i am unable to compile.
Being a student i have access to Visual Studio 10.
I load Demo.WindowsForms.sln and Visual Studio says this

Warning	1	Could not find type 'Demo.WindowsForms.Map'.  Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.		0	0	
Warning	2	The variable 'MainMap' is either undeclared or was never assigned.	C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Demo.WindowsForms\Forms\MainForm.Designer.cs	1229	0	
Error	3	No overload for 'MainMap_OnMarkerClick' matches delegate 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms.MarkerClick'	C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Demo.WindowsForms\Forms\MainForm.cs	85	38	Demo.WindowsForms

And obviously it doesn't compile.

I still have to understand all this, i'd really like a list of functions/methods with at least a description.

Downloaded from here, latest version.

Hope you can help.

Jun 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Build succeeded.

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.73
========== Rebuild All: 9 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped ==========

that means, you mess something, try again, delete all stuff, extract source, or use hg, set target to x86, rebuild all.

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:02 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM

I don't doubt it works :p

I downloaded 4e5b2edf28a2, extracted to a folder in my downloads, doulbe clicked on "Demo.WindowsForms.csproj"

And here i have 5 warnings

Warning	1	The referenced component 'GMap.NET.Core' could not be found. 	
Warning	2	The referenced component 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms' could not be found. 	
Warning	3	The referenced component 'BSE.Windows.Forms' could not be found. 	
Warning	4	The OutputPath property is not set for project 'GMap.NET.Core.csproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='AnyCPU'.  This error may also appear if some other project is trying to follow a project-to-project reference to this project, this project has been unloaded or is not included in the solution, and the referencing project does not build using the same or an equivalent Configuration or Platform.	Demo.WindowsForms
Warning	5	The OutputPath property is not set for project 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms.csproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='AnyCPU'.  This error may also appear if some other project is trying to follow a project-to-project reference to this project, this project has been unloaded or is not included in the solution, and the referencing project does not build using the same or an equivalent Configuration or Platform.	Demo.WindowsForms

I then manually add the three dlls i downloaded as references, warnings disappear.

And the build error now becomes

Error	1	No overload for 'MainMap_OnMarkerClick' matches delegate 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms.MarkerClick'	C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Demo.WindowsForms\Forms\MainForm.cs	83	38	Demo.WindowsForms

so i don't know what to do.

And also upon reopening these two warnings

Warning	1	Could not find type 'Demo.WindowsForms.Map'.  Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced.  If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.		0	0	
Warning	2	The variable 'MainMap' is either undeclared or was never assigned.	C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Demo.WindowsForms\Forms\MainForm.Designer.cs	1229	0	

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM

easy to repeat ;}

that means, you mess something, try again, delete all stuff, extract source, or use hg, set target to x86, rebuild all. 

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I did delete everything, redownloaded, and just reopened the file.

I'll try with another build. Could it be some vstudio configuration i am missing while you have?

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:20 PM

i've just did the same, builds perfectly

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:33 PM

set target to x86

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:34 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2010 at 5:40 PM
Ok now it builds but with these warnings

Warning 1 The tag 'GMapControl' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation;assembly=GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation'. Line 35 Position 10. C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Testing\TemplatedBinding\Window1.xaml 35 10 TemplatedBinding

Warning 2 The tag 'GMapControlNew' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation;assembly=GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation'. Line 7 Position 10. C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\Testing\WPF-GMapControlNew\MainWindow.xaml 7 10 WPF-GMapControlNew

And these others too

Warning 1 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.Core\GMap.NET\GMaps.cs 2302 10 GMap.NET.Core
Warning 2 The field 'GMap.NET.WindowsForms.GMapControl.RaiseEmptyTileError' is assigned but its value is never used C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsForms\GMap.NET.WindowsForms\GMapControl.cs 292 12 GMap.NET.WindowsForms
Warning 3 The field 'GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation.GMapControlNew.maparea' is assigned but its value is never used C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 344 12 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 4 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1048 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 5 The field 'GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation.GMapControlNew.Empty' is assigned but its value is never used C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1082 28 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 6 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1130 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 7 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1178 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 8 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1048 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 9 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1130 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 10 Unreachable code detected C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1178 10 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 11 The field 'GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation.GMapControlNew.maparea' is assigned but its value is never used C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 344 12 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation
Warning 12 The field 'GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation.GMapControlNew.Empty' is assigned but its value is never used C:\Users\Erupter\Downloads\Devel\Gmap.NET\Source\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation\GMapControlNew.xaml.cs 1082 28 GMap.NET.WindowsPresentation

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM

you use old source

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:04 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Actually it's the latest.

Anyway your source compile, it's just me totally new to all this and being stupid.

Man would it be possible for you to design just a basic Forms project (maybe VB?), with the map in the center and a dropdownmenu for map provider?

At least i could try to graps what happens where...

Jun 15, 2010 at 6:47 PM

but that is exactly what demos are for, just keep training and you will succeed ;}