Cache problems in Windows Mobile version

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use CacheOnly mode but the tiles are not loading.

Here is what I have done:

-> Using the demo for windows forms I exported the cache to a file called "Data.gmdb"

-> In the mobile software code I inserted this code in the map initialization:

map.Manager.MemoryCacheCapacity = 15000;
            map.CacheLocation = application_path + "\\Cache\\";
            map.Manager.Mode = AccessMode.CacheOnly;
            map.MapType = GMap.NET.MapType.GoogleMap;
            map.ReloadMap();

-> After that I copied the "Data.gmdb" to the folder in "CacheLocation" and I started the application.

The tiles are not loading, do you know why?

map.Manager.MemoryCacheCapacity = 15000;
            map.CacheLocation = application_path + "\\Cache\\";
            map.Manager.Mode = AccessMode.CacheOnly;
            map.MapType = GMap.NET.MapType.GoogleMap;
            map.ReloadMap();
Jul 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM
  • why do you call map.ReloadMap(); ;}
  • map.Manager.MemoryCacheCapacity = 15000; // thats 15 TB you know ;] 
  • use debugger
Jul 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM

I called map.ReloadMap()  to try to load the map from the file (before that, I tried without it). About the MemoryCacheCapacity I though that is 15MB, am I wrong? Using the debugger I couldn't have any conclusion, I just got:

The thread 0xa1a65ba has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in System.Data.SQLite.dll

Can you help me?

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM

does mobile demo works?

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Yes, it works. I found that if I start the demo in the Server and Cache mode and finish it, my software starts to work, but when I shutdown the mobile phone I have to repeat the procedure. Is there any "temporary data" that I need to initialize to acess to the gmdb file generated by the Demo.WindowsForms?

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Hello, i got similar problems with my testing of theses maps on mobile device (emulation).

The cache wont load, and in my desktop app i am generating a "Data.gmdb" file, and i can se the size growing when using my desktop app. But even though i got it on Cache only the desktiop app seams to cache from internet.
The desktop app always starts at about 0,3 and grows even though it has a cached data file.

My emulated mobile device has access to the same file and can never load a map, even though they both have the same cordinates and zoom on startup.
The mobile device always says "Exception: No data in local tile cache".

I also get a lot of theses, bot in the demo app and in my own.

A first chance exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occurred in System.Data.SQLite.dll

Am i doing something wrong or what here ?

Im using dlls from the lastest stable source that i downloaded since there dident seam to be a prebuilt dll for mobile to download.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM
it just works, i never have these problems, but be aware that in mobile default cache location is in sd card, so you need put new database there
Jul 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I know the default cache is in the sd card, wich i have mapped to a shared folder for the desktop app and the emulated, but i do think i know where the problem lies.

I tried the demo app and it gets about two initial:

and then it starts to work and dont get em. However my app does pound them out in the output view of my visual studio as soon as i navigate on screen and such stuff.
i have the "SQLite.Interop.065.DLL" copied with my project but it dont seam to do any difference.

Problem fixed, found a "SQLite.Interop.066.DLL" in your demo folder on the emulator and copied that and the "gmap.net.windowsmobile.dll" file had different size so copied that to and now it works.

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM
i see ;}