20 GMAPS running simultaneously....

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I will create and delete GMap Control at runtime. I will have a maximum of 20 active maps. Each map will be independent of the others and will display the route generated by the vehicle. Each map will be updated every 15/30 seconds.

Will I have any resource problem independent of memory size and processor velocity? The wpf demo.docking program looks like a little slower. Do you think that 20 maps are excessive? I will create the routes manually, not using Google geocoder service due gps point’s precision in double directions streets.

Yesterday I realize of the “holographic” effect of the blue tiles. Great….

I will make a request for donation to the town hall authorities when the application will be running… Are bad times in Spain....

Best Regards and many thanks……

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:59 AM

each instance of control by default creates (GThreadPoolSize = 5) threads, 5*20 = 100 threads ;} thats really to much, thus if your maps are small you can decrease this number to 1 or 2

p.s. hwat do you mean “holographic” effect? ;/

Oct 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I will change the strategy. Now the council wants to route not only vehicles but persons as well. That’s more than 100 active maps. No way.

I will have dummy maps. Instead of a gmap control I will create an image of the routes and display it. So I only need one GMap control for this purpose. If the user makes double click on the image then I activate a GMap Control. So I solved the problem with 3 gmaps control.

Holographics afaire:

I use glasses and yesterday I was without glasses when the tile blue appears. The blue text of the tiles looks like in a background layer and the red text in other and there seems sensation of depth as same Holographics imagens. Perhaps are my eyes that are “tired” or you create an optical illusion unintentionally.

Best Regards

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 10:15 AM

i see ;}