Working with Layers

Topics: Windows Forms
Jun 23, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Hey, 

I'm new to the Gmap.Net and just started figuring out if this tool can work for my needs.

i would like to know if it is possible to draw dots. polygons, lines etc.. and save them as layers and after that turn on and off each layer.

i saw the clouds demo and from my understanding you make an object GMapImage (which is as Marker) and just put in it's Image propery a BitMap of the clouds you have.

my question is how the it knows where to put the clouds in the right x,y position so it will fit the map underneath. and how can i make a set of lines and dots, save them as png or other format and display them on a map in the right position. and after that turn them on and off.

Thanks

Sophie

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM

everything is possible, but thats depends on your skills, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM

As a first step i want to be able to draw a polygon and save it as a layer (maybe in some Data Structure). then show and hide it.

after this i want to be able to take a layer that someone gave me, lets say in png file and show it on a some map.

(btw, does every Layer must be a Marker? what is an overlay and how do you use it?) 

Coordinator
Jun 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM

overlay is a layer on map which can contain markers, polygons or routes. And marker is is an visual object which can render anything you want, for example the image

check the demo source to see how it works