Static Map Polygon Zoom

Topics: Windows Forms
Aug 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Hi, I have a circle with a radius of 5 miles around a marker and when i try a static map the circle shrinks like the markers instead of staying at 5 miles around the marker. Can anyone give me any ideas?

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM

?

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM

On the map i have a marker at sw1, around the marker i have a circle with a radius of 5 miles. When i use a static map like on the demo, the 5 miles radius changes according to the zoom level and does not stay at 5 miles? On the demo the polygons shrink when using the static map so this is what is happening to my 5 mile radius. If you need screen shots then i will put a link to some.

Thanks for a quick response.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:04 PM

"using the static map" ?

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM

yes, static map. I converted your code into vb and has to modify it a bit but the image at http://www.hostmyweb.co.uk/tmp/static_map.png will explain the problem. If you notice the postcodes spread out which they are supposed to but the circle stays the same size instead of enlarging to 5 miles.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM

i see, well you have to modify code to adjust size of the circle

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Hi, thanks again for a quick response. Please bear with me as maps are new to me. So could i clear the layer and add another circle based on the zoom or would i have to modify the exisiting circle in this which is out of the static map form:-

For Each r As GMapPolygon In Main.objects.Polygons

If r.IsVisible Then

Using rp As New GraphicsPath()

For j As Integer = 0 To r.Points.Count - 1

Dim pr = r.Points(j)

Dim px As GPoint = Main.GMapControl1.Projection.FromLatLngToPixel(pr.Lat, pr.Lng, info.Zoom)

px.Offset(padding, padding)

px.Offset(-topLeftPx.X, -topLeftPx.Y)

Dim p2 As GPoint = px

'

If j = 0 Then

rp.AddLine(p2.X, p2.Y, p2.X, p2.Y)

Else

Dim p As System.Drawing.PointF = rp.GetLastPoint()

rp.AddLine(p.X, p.Y, p2.X, p2.Y)

End If

Next

If rp.PointCount > 0 Then

rp.CloseFigure()

gfx.FillPath(r.Fill, rp)

gfx.DrawPath(r.Stroke, rp)

End If

End Using

End If

Next

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM

..well you have to experiment, i haven't done this before on static map

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hi, i am experimenting and have came to a conclusion that I have to find out what percentage the map has changed so I can draw a new circle on the graphics (gfx in your demo) I was thinking that if i had the height and width of the original and changed the same to the percentage that that would work. Could you give me a pointer on how the to get the info i need? Pleaseeeeeeeeee, hang on... i've had a thought :-)

Thanks

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:29 PM

well you can check wpf demo it has circle and distance is calculated based on meters

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Sorted :-) See http://www.hostmyweb.co.uk/tmp/static_map_fixed_zoom.png for results.

In case anyone is interested the calulation is below. Just draw a new circle on the big image.

zms(1)=1, zms(2)=2, zms(3)=4, zms(4)=8 etc

original_image_width * (zms(zoomlevel_numericupdown-originalzoomlevel_on_map) * 0.935483871)

original_image_height * (zms(zoomlevel_numericupdown-originalzoomlevel_on_map) * 0.935483871)

May not be the best way but at least it's a way :-)