New to GMap - Why do I only see four tiles !??

Topics: Help
Jan 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hello !!

Okay, I'm pretty new to GMap, having only started using it in the last couple days. Its really fantastic, and I've been making steady process but I'm stumped with this problem. :)

I'm using it to develop a Windows Forms application, and I've got a GMapControl on my form and am viewing maps from different service providers etc. For some reason though, the control will only display up to four tiles at a time. When I drag the map around, as soon as I drag to the 'right' to pull more tiles from the left, the tiles on the right disappear as the new tiles appear from the left ! The same happens when I drag the map down, I can only ever view 2 x 2 tiles on the control at once !

I know I haven'e given any details here, code samples etc, but I was hoping that there was some silly setting which I've overlooked and that someone can point me in the right direction immediately !? :) If not.. I'll gladly give more info...

Thanks

Charles

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:21 PM

OK.... To anyone who reads this and was going to reply, no worries I've got it sorted ! :)

I've found another discussion participant who was having issues with a blank map... Radiomans advice was to put this initialisation of the GMapControl into the Constructor. I had mine in a button click event.

Moved it into the Constructor and I've now got a full screen, beautiful map. :)

Thanks again for an awesome, fantastic component. It's really helpful !!!!