map mode in gmap.net

Topics: Help
Feb 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Edited Feb 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM

hi radioman please tell me about serverandcache mode,what does it actually. i have another problem i am using your gmap.net windows form dll. there is a option of cache status that show how much tiles are remaining to save in local cache in a textbox also on progressbar in gmap.net demo. but i am unable to get it,i am using same dll what is problem please help me

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

it means what it means, uses tile source from server and cache

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hello Radioman,

Please, I have question I have to concept a application which use google map, but this application must work always offline.

Is it possible that google map work only offline?

thanks

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM

yes, if you prefetch the area you want before using it

Mar 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Thank you for your quik response, so that mean that I can prefetch a country for instance, and use the application offline?

Where is it stored in the application or the computer? and is it possible to prefetch many countries?

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM

if you have the space needed and time ;}

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I explain, I have to do an application which work only in offline, so the user won't have the possibility to prefetch the area which he needs, I must I must include this featuse and store all map myself.

Could you give me a help and your opinion

thank you! 

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

demos has integrated prefetcher, use it, you can import/export it, later in your 'real' app you can manually set map.CacheLocation to where the files actually is, maybe in your app directory or something...

Mar 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Radioman,

First, thank you for your proposition, I found in forum some discussions about 'offline geocoding database' where we can not store all geo in database and 'cache Maker' which will be probably the solution.

Could you give me some runways please,

Now I prefetch area 'France', and it still prefetching with progressive zoom level, when I export it and import it to my real app, do I need sql server to store this files or not?

Which would be the best solution. Really I need explicit answer :)

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM

when you import it, it's done and sql server is optional

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I export the file .gmdb from your Demo, but I don't know how to add it into my project, I tried to use System.data.sqlite.dll but I see blue map with exception "could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite version = 1.0.44.0 culture = neutral, public key tocken = db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies.

I have platform 64bit, and I set the platform targets to x86, and evenif I use any CPU I have the same error with my project.

Any Idea please?

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:45 PM

import using 'my' demo ;}

Mar 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM

thank you for your reply;

Yes, I agree, but if I use import in your demo, it will import the file in your demo and not in my project?!

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM

cache is shared across all apps that uses GMap.NET

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM

when I import in your Demo,  it works and my app not ;(

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Should I add some thing in my code??

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM

well demo imports into default cache, if you changed cache location manually, it use two different databases, use default

Mar 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Really many thanks for your support :)

but I don't know why I have this problem, I didn't set any cache location, and I don't know where to set it, could you help me please? 

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM

you do not need to set anything, it works

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM

It works!! thank you so so much, really you're a great person