move marker along the route

Topics: General
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I'm trying to figure the best way to move a marker along the route using right / left arrow or MouseWheel

The idea is to emulate manualy the vehicle movement (can be usefull when track looks like spaghetti)

For mousewheel it can be tricky as long as mousewheel is used for Zoom

For Arrows I plan to use the PreviewKeyDown event to increment / decrepent an index on the Route and change the position of an HighLighting maker

Any comment or other suggestion ?
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
also you can add some forward/back buttons
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Yes buttons is the easy way !
Some suggestion to use MouseWheel would be appreciated !

Maybe Shift+MouseWheel
But is seems more tricky
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM
How are you going to position the marker? Just on the points of the route?
If the distance between the route points is large, the movement of the marker will be jumpy...
If you need a method to get the position BETWEEN route points as well (e.g. a point that lies ON the route and is a certain distance from the start point) just tell me. I needed that as well, and made a little method for it :-)
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Hi Xandolph, I need what are you tell, I need to get the position on a route and the distance from the start to the mark on the route.

Could you help me pleas.
Thanks
Oct 17, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Here's a link to my complete Utilities class, there are some other helpful methods as well :-)
Feb 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Xandolph wrote:
Here's a link to my complete Utilities class, there are some other helpful methods as well :-)
What is library that you used for ( using MapTools; ) in your code, i found the (ProjNet Library).
Feb 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Edited Feb 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM
MapTools.dll is just a .NET wrapper for shapelib.dll, it is used to read and write shapefiles.
Checkout the method GetRoutesFromShapefile()...
ProjNet is used to convert projections (e.g. from Gauss-Krüger to WGS1984,...)