Directions between 2 points

Topics: General
Mar 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Anyone has example of how to display driving directions between 2 points?

This is all I got
        GDirections dir;
        var statusCode= GMapProviders.GoogleMap.GetDirections(out dir, gMarker1.Position, gMarker2.Position, false, true, false, false, false);

richTxtStatus.Text = dir.ToString();
This only allow me to see one leg of the route.

Thanks for your help
Mar 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM
use points from all legs, and construct the route/routes
Mar 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Radioman :),

Man, it is always really hard to get straight answer from you. You could have told me to look in Steps.
Mar 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM
sorry, i'm sometimes lazy too..
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Radioman,

I understand that you are bz since you run this whole thing yourself. I know you are a smart guy and sometimes you feel like questions from beginners like myself should be ignored. However, I think if you could help guide beginners like me learning how to use your tool better, your tool would have a greater positive impact in the world :) (even though the effects might be small). Anyhow, your tool allows me to explore the mapping capability faster and a lot better than if I would do this from scratch, so thank you very much for that. I have a few questions and if you could in your spare time answer them if you would:

1) Is it possible to use GMAP to rotate the map in the direction that we travel?

2) How is that information store (in GDirections)?

Take as long as you want. I am trying to learn as much as I can. :) Thank you.
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Edited Mar 15, 2013 at 11:51 AM
...i don't ignore anyone, i just don't have the time for longer answers...

1) you can rotate map using Bearing property, but it's disabled in 1.7 version, why? ..look above ;}

2) it's just a class with some properties, just explore