Overlaying cloud cover on map

Topics: WPF
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Hi all,

I wonder if I could add an overlaying layer that contains the cloud information on top of the map control using the WPF GMap library?

If it is possible, how to do it?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM
check Testing/Clouds.Demo
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I looked through the Clouds.Demo you mentioned but the sample is for windows form. However, I require one for WPF.

I have to find the necessary classes in the WPF library but found that the follwing classes and methods are missing from the library:
  • GMapOverlay mapControl (in MainForm.cs)
  • mapControl.Overlays (in MainForm.cs)
  • protected override void OnPaintOverlays(System.Drawing.Graphics g) (in MapControl.cs)
Is there any way to add the cloud overlay in the WPF even without these classes/methods?
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM
nop, but the principle is the same
Mar 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM
If GMapOverlay is not available in the GMap WPF library, how can I add the cloud overlay onto the map?
May 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I'm also interested in knowing how to add overlays or worst case just draw something on the map manually.

What I want to do is quite simple, I want the user to be able to draw rectangles on the map.
Currently I'm using the selection feature (shift + drag) to let the user select an area, once they do I have all the information
I need to draw a rectangle, but I can't figure out how to do it properly.

Would be great if you could help me (us) out.
May 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Ok, actually it's easy.
You override the OnRender method of the control and draw all your stuff there, using the FromLatLngToLocal method to position everything correctly.