Marking multiple positions on map

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:24 PM
This really is an excellent project! Do you see any way of being able to mark multiple positions on a map and having the map automatically zoom in or out to include all positions? I am thinking of using this to indicate positions of multiple vehicles on a city map.
Thanks in advance
Jan 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM
yeah definitely ;} ...my feature list expanding and i'm planing fast & flexible system of dynamic { multiply [markers & routing & toolltips] } for real time information !  

Any improve/idea/code/patch/fix/etc very welcome ;}
Jan 18, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Thanks, your proyect is great, will be a very nice option to add more than one marker for real time tracking.
Again thanks.
Jan 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM
not will, it IS ;} i mean it support multiply markers right now
Jan 18, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Excellent, radioman! You said you'd welcome suggestions for improvements, so here you go:

1.    How about being able to attach custom labels to markers, that appear when you hover the mouse over them?
2.    What about a zoom function that automatically zooms the map to the maximum possible while showing all markers?

thanks, nickcami
Jan 18, 2009 at 8:30 PM
1. i'm just started to that, searching optimal way to implement it About 2. you want set zoom = 17; ? or max zoom level at wich all markers are still visible on map?
Jan 19, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Re 2. It would be great to have a function that would automatically zoom the map to the correct level necessary to show all markers.
Thanks
Jan 19, 2009 at 8:20 AM
task enquened succeffuly ;}
Mar 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM
for the custom label...in the WPF version, just use marker.Label.SetResource("resourceKeyName") where the resourceKeyName is a label style in a resource dictionary of the WPF project.
If you also change the GMapMarker base class so the popup.allowstransparency = true you'll find it looks better and you can have semi transparent labels.

Moose