Problem with adding route to map

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:38 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 5:56 AM
This is my first post here, so first of all I must say to radioman thank you for all of your work on this.  It's a great project and very much needed.

Ok, here's the problem I'm having.  I am using the demo code and trying to add a route to my map.  The actual code I am using is as follows (vb.net):

Sub AddRoute() 
    Dim myStart As New PointLatLng(myCurrentLat, myCurrentLong)
    Dim myEnd As New PointLatLng(37.62505, -122.42111) 
    Dim route As List(Of PointLatLng) = GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints(myStart, myEnd, False, myGmap.Zoom)

If route IsNot Nothing Then 
        Dim r As New Route(route, "test") 
        Dim m1 As New Marker(myStart) 
        Dim m2 As New Marker(myEnd) 
        myGmap.AddRoute(r)
        m1.Text = "Start: " & myStart.ToString() 
        m1.TooltipMode = MarkerTooltipMode.Always
        m2.Text = "End: " & myEnd.ToString() 
        m2.TooltipMode = MarkerTooltipMode.Always
        myGmap.AddMarker(m1)
        myGmap.AddMarker(m2)
    End If
End Sub  

However, no markers or route ever appears on the map.  I've tried reloading and a couple of other things, but so far no luck.  One thing that is interesting is that if I spit out the route object to see what it contains it is full of about 150 different coordinates.  So, it looks like the route is being calculated correctly but the route lines and markers are not being rendered on the map.

Can anyone please provide some insight into what I am missing in order to make this work?    I am using build 31281.

Thank you,
joeberni

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM
..well in Trunk version routes and markers are not drawed, i'm in progress of that
Feb 13, 2009 at 2:26 AM
Thanks for the quick updates.  Is there another version besides trunk that has this implemented that I can play around with?
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:21 AM
last release ;}
Feb 13, 2009 at 4:42 AM
Sorry to be a pain, but in following the trunk examples (build 31346) still doesn't seem to have this implemented.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM
last release, it has nothing to do with sources ;}
Feb 13, 2009 at 8:15 AM
Oh, I see.  Sorry for misunderstanding!
Is there any routing functionality that we can play with in our own code? :-)
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 9:12 AM
in last release as i said ;}