Routes With Multiple Stops

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hi Radioman,

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already. Are there plans to support Google Maps routes with multiple stops?

Thanks

Jack

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

you mean directions?

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Yes and no. The directions themselves are not necessarily important to me. I would like to be able to specify a starting point, and then multiple specific geocoded points along the way all the way to a final ending point. And then  draw the route connecting all of these points. Think of it as something similar to a, for example, a truck that has to leave a warehouse and then delivery products at mutliple stops. I would like to be able to map this route. I don't want to draw straight 'lines' connecting these points. i do want Google to create the appropriate route. But, as I said, I don't necessarily need to have access to the directions via your control (although that would be a plus).

The goal is to be able to draw multiple routes at the same time each with a different color. Each of these routes will represent a 'delivery truck' that is making multiple stops.

I hope this makes sense!

Jack

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

well currrent functionality can do it allready

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Great. Do I to use GetRouteBetweenPoints for each 'pair' of points, as in:

Assume route A has 5 stops/points. Do I use GetRouteBetweenPoints for stops # 1 and 2, then use it for stops # 2 and 3, then for stops # 3 and 4, etc?

or is there some other method that I'm missing?

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 8:34 PM

well if you do not have all point of route, you can use that

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hi again. I'm not sure if I understand correctly.

I will have the geocoded coordinates for all points along the route. The GetRouteBetweenPoints method supports 2 PointLatLong params for a starting and an ending point. It sounded like you may have implied that the control provides some other method for plotting a route along multiple points? If not, is the method I describes before (i.e. creating separate routes along each pair of points) the only option available to me via your control?

Sorry for asking again!

Jack

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Just to make sure, I don't want a 'straight line' route between my multiple points. I know that this can be done. I want the 'driving' route from point 1, to point 2, to point 3, to point 4, etc. I don't care too much to see the text of the driving instructions/directions from Google but I do want a google-provided 'drivable' route connecting my multiple points.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Jack

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 9:16 PM

then you must use that function on each two point in your route