Silverlight support

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I have an idea(plan for future) to use Gmap.NET in the Silverlight app, so I am going to build specific Core assembly (since Silverlight requires special assembly type and it's impossible to add references to "non Silverlight" assemblies). I am really interested in your opinion about "is Silverlight support is good feature for GMap.NET or not", because probably I am missing something and GMap.NET was not developed for such kind of usage and you are not going to add this stuff to trunk. Please, let me know what do you thing about this.

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2009 at 10:50 PM

..well i was not interested in sl support because it has no local cache, but if you can/like to do it i/users will be more than happy ;}

Oct 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Thx, I will try to do it ;)

Oct 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I have same interest to use GMap.NET in the silverlight app. I have half finished the porting.

Since silverlight doesn't have drawingcontext, I used canvas and that was major job actually.

I had to scrap out the cache and routing due to complexity for initial version just keeping in mind to use essential functinality such as zoom and scroll.

so far so good.  thank for sharing this great code project. I really appreciate.