Creating routes by addresses??

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I see that I can only create routes by coordinates, how about creating them by addresses?

How about creating a route from addresses?
Also, is there an option that I provide a list of addresses and the control will create a route of them and sort them according to closer distances?

Thanks a lot!

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM

it depends only of geocoding service, if you can get coordinates from somewhere you can draw it on map ;}

Oct 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM

What do you mean get coordinates from somewhere?

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM

from google/microsoft/yahoo/etc... anyway there is integrated google geocoding, so you can get route between two places using something like that:

MapRoute r = GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints("Lithuania, Kaunas", "Lithuania, Vilnius", false, MainMap.Zoom);

Oct 21, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Hello radioman and thanks for your response!

Which means that I can replace "Lithuania, Kaunas" with addresses, for example:

MapRoute r = GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints("1445 Dummy st., Rome, Italy 12345", "1111 Other Dummy st., Rome, Italy 12349", false, MainMap.Zoom);

Correct me if I am wrong.

Now, I want to be able to make a route that consists of more than just two points, I want to have like 15 addresses and it should create a route between them deciding what should be the most shoter way;
For example, if I have a route that consists of the following addresses:

2 Dummy st.,
45 Dummy st.,
1 Dummy st.

it should be able to sort it by distance and make the route so I don't have to return to the same place twice, is there such a feature? Is there even a feature to make a route of many points??

Thanks for all!

Oct 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM

i don't know try look at google docmentation... sure you can call function for each two addresses and have some list...

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Hello radioman.

I'm working on mobile app and I'm using your control. I have problem with creating route by addresses because this code:

GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints("Vienna, Austria", "Berlin, Deutschland", false, (int)map.Zoom);
return null.

Maybe someone can  help me ?? 

Thanks for all.

Sep 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM

it's disabled in mobile version, you can try uncomment these functions, but there is need to adapt them to make it work on mobile

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I have enabled the GetRouteBetweenPoints for WM. Seems to work fine.

You have to remove all the directives in the function.

Comment the last four row in the function (after the #endif directive for the first directive #if !PocketPC)

The function GetInvalidFileChars not exist, change with GetInvalidPathChars

The propriety ConnectionLimit not exist, i have commented the row

Thats all.

Bye

Max

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM

thanks

Mar 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM
weitzhandler wrote:
Hello radioman and thanks for your response! Which means that I can replace "Lithuania, Kaunas" with addresses, for example: MapRoute r = GMaps.Instance.GetRouteBetweenPoints("1445 Dummy st., Rome, Italy 12345", "1111 Other Dummy st., Rome, Italy 12349", false, MainMap.Zoom); Correct me if I am wrong. Now, I want to be able to make a route that consists of more than just two points, I want to have like 15 addresses and it should create a route between them deciding what should be the most shoter way; For example, if I have a route that consists of the following addresses: 2 Dummy st.,45 Dummy st.,1 Dummy st. it should be able to sort it by distance and make the route so I don't have to return to the same place twice, is there such a feature? Is there even a feature to make a route of many points??   Thanks for all!  
weitzhandler were you able to accomplish this ?
if so - do you have an example ?
thank you