Design form problem

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Hello radioman,

i have a small problem with a simple form:

when i draged the control and after i close IDE, reopen and design of my form display this error:

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializePropertyAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement, CodePropertyReferenceExpression propertyReferenceEx, Boolean reportError)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
where is the mistake !? (my IDE is Visual Studio 2005 and the form is Custon Devexpress Form)
Cordially
Gabi
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2009 at 10:03 AM

close form, rebuild soution, try open form, it's stupid not working IsDesignMode property ;}

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Hi Gabi,

I am now also getting the same error as above, using the latest build of GMAPS , and also have the DevExpress controls. I think the common factor is that the GMAP control is on an inherited form.

radioman, is it a problem with the IsDesignMode check ?

Gabi, how did you solve the problem. I can't now open the forms in the VS2005 designer.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 11:02 PM

that check simply doesn't work ;{